Sinister: Revelations on Hal Hartley

paul.rudolph.b at xxx.com paul.rudolph.b at xxx.com
Tue Feb 6 21:50:10 GMT 2001

During the first few weeks of all of this Hal Hartley hubbub, I kept thinking
Hal
Hartley was Hal Lindsey.  For those of you who might not know, Hal Lindsey is
is the writer obsessed with the Book of Revelations and our impending doom.
I spent about a week trying to figure out why Belle & Sebastian would associate
with Hal Lindsey.  Have they joined a cult?  Thankfully, a sinister post
referred
me to the IMDb and I realized everyone was talking about Hal Hartley (and my
fears were assuaged).  I don't want to know what my mental state is 40 years
from now.

I think classifying people into sub-cultures is analogous to the "evil
corporation"
who has to classify their customers through "targeted marketing."

So, what's up with the "Interminable Three Chord Break" in the Modern Rock Song
sleeve?  I haven't seen any mention of it in the archives.  It probably was
discussed
during a flurry of posts about oxymorons in Belle & Sebastian songs, or
something like that.

Sha la la la la,

Paul