Sinister: Re: Funkadelic

pihkal boy pihkalboy at xxx.com
Thu Feb 8 19:06:12 GMT 2001

Jordi writes:
>I saw some vinyls of Funkadelic yesterday on a local record shop. Can anyone point me the names of some of their best albums ??? I4m becoming black, me and also Rosseta, my dear cat. I4m not painting her, don4t worry ;)

I write:
Funkadelic, yeah, great, yeah. I have their album "One Nation Under A Groove". I think you want that one. I think that because every Funkadelic song I've ever heard of is on it: 'One Nation Under A Groove' (to become the US National Anthem after the Revolution), 'Whosaysajazzbandcantplayrockmusic' (or whatever it's called), and, as a special bonus track, a live version of 'Maggot Brain'. Those three songs are brilliant. Especially 'Maggot Brain', it just goes on and on and on and is like some wigged out version of the blues.

You may remember Air (French Band) finished their set with it when they were touring, in the past.

this Funkadelic article was in the Onion: http://www.theonion.com/onion3104/mothership.html . You've probably all read it.

this is my first post. I've been lurking for ages, wishing I was cool enough to join the in-kids. I was going to mail in a tiresome piece about how I got into B&S, but somehow never had the time. I'll probably never mail again.

This is what I look like when I've finished drunkenly DJing at a friend's party: http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~sboyle/2000/IanMoore,RaveVicar.jpg

Best wishes.

pihkalboy