Sinister: in fear of the dreaded honey-monster....

Trish Brazil trishdelish at xxx.com
Fri Feb 9 19:56:29 GMT 2001

oh dear

first post nerves (i imagine it must be terrible boring for old-timers to read so many of these
"coming out" stories, but that's really not going to stop me i'm afraid)

you see, honey just gave me a voice, but warned me to check all these different things to
make sure i'm not BREAKING THE RULES when i post, and the bit that's got me stumped is
all this emailing in plain-text nonsense - being totally ignorant of such techno malarkey i shall
drivel on and hope that somehow, somewhere one of you might one day read this......

all of which is a dreadfully longwinded way of introducing myself - hi there, i'm trish, i'm in
dublin and have been reading sinister for about 2 months now, but only got up the guts to join
recently, mostly because i was *dying* to add my puny voice to the whole magnetic fields live
debate, but like so much of my life, the moment has passed so all i'll say on that one is that i
saw them here in dublin, and thought it would quite likely make my best-of-2001 list. so there.

otherwise, in terms of content, i have a bit of a story i could share you that's relevant to
rinaldo's (sp?) geographically challenged situation......i spent the summer in san francisco,
and as some of you may remember, a certain band we all know and love were due to tour a
recently released album around that time. one night, in a bit of a manic mood - happens quite
often - i emailed the band at the address on the myspace.co.uk site, and asked if there was
any chance at all that they might just make it to the west coast of america, cos it would just
kill me to miss them in dublin...

lahdiblah, long story getting longer, neil robertson mailed me back and told me what a lucky
girl i was - although it wasnt actually confirmed, he could tell me that B&S were playing in san
francisco itself on june 21st, but i had best get tix organised early as they were likely to sell
out very fast, the band being very popular there...

well i just flew home that night to share the news with my mate who was going to S.F. too, he
being the one who introduced me to the band, and two happy bunnies were we......

til we found out it had all been a big fat lie that is......all of a sudden the band said "no
concerts", and that was that.

i tell you, it was almost enough to make me hate them

(only almost, mind)

ok, that's really too long already i know, i do hope some of you make it to the end of this.
if you really hated this, let me know and i'll shuffle off back to the nursery with my head in my
hands,
trish

ps only joking honey - i think you're fab.....please dont be cross!!