Sinister: you say you've got a real solution

eric cheesebunhead at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 9 20:55:57 GMT 2001

okay, I feel bad for all the stereotypical indie kids,
because everyone seems to be slagging them off
something rotten. I mean, everyone (and by everyone I
actually mean 4 people) seems to be falling all over
themselves to contradict the "I hate indie kids" post,
which is obviously a joke and shouldn't get anyone
worked up, like eminem, but they're being very "indie
people are normal" about it. after all, what's wrong
with having no friends and staying home every weekend
night reading and listening to indie music (heh) and
being sad and mopey? oh right, you become clinically
depressed. I don't think I should post when I'm
feeling awful about something involving another
sinister person, who will probably read this and laugh
or something. anyway, what I'm trying to say is, don't
make fun of the lonely, because they grow up to be
that "nice man, kept to himself" who shoots up an
office. of course, an indie person would be too busy
feeling sorry for themselves to actually bother with
getting up to go to the office.

lucy alder mentioned sting's ability to "keep it up"
for three hours. wasn't it actually much longer than
that, for something like 17 hours? geez, sting's such
a freak. he should have quit while he was ahead.

if this talk of new singles and touring is true, then
I will be very hopeful that it'll take place before I
leave the uk. maybe I just won't leave. I don't
*really* want to go back to america, but then again,
who does? the uk doesn't make much more sense, but it
makes a little bit more, which is enough for me. oh,
and to the person who said the chances of the
(possible) singles coming out in america any time near
the uk release date was small, don't fret. matador
released "legal man" a week before it came out in the
uk. so there you are.

sadly,
eric

"We totally understand gay people's worries but they
have read Eminem wrong. We don't take any notice of
his lyrics" --The Guardian, 9 Feb

gotta love the youth.