Sinister: don't you know love goes home to paris in the spring?

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Tue Feb 13 14:02:25 GMT 2001

Bon soir tout le monde,

It was good to read Blake's last post and be reassured that I'm not the only one who sacrifices himself on the altar of St. Valentine from time to time.  I've come to many realizations quite recently, so my past ritual of driving around all night listening to Pet Sounds is out of the question.  I'll probably be in some dank bar trying to the put the make on a total stranger after a few too many Budweisers...its just been that kind of year.
Speaking of fluctuations in our ability to be limp-wristed saps from year to year, what is everyone's Valentine's song this year - you know, the one you'll be singing to yourself all day long (or someone else will be singing to you)?  I tried summing up this entire romantic year (from 2/14 to 2/14...kind of fucked up, like the fiscal year) and I think I just may have found the right one.  This year, I believe I will be singing Whiskeytown's "Excuse Me While I Break My Own Heart Tonight," which contains the ace line, "This situation keeps me drinking every goddamn day and night."  Other finalists include ANY Elvis Costello tune, especially "High Fidelity," Weezer's "The Good Life," and Norweigan Wood, because he burns that bitch's place to the ground.
Over and out...

Steve C.