Sinister: i'd be lyin if i said i didn't have designs on you

marie elia littlearsonist at xxx.com
Tue Feb 13 17:10:00 GMT 2001

i just remembered how i could never remember the old
sinister email address, and realized how easy this one
is, and that's good.

props and shout outs to everyone's favorite milkmaid
in
pink gingham -- she's sweet 16 today, you know.  can i
have shirley temples all around, please??

i think that, in the midst of his self-depricating
tirade, blake might have made some anti-woman remarks.
girls, let's go get him!  well, i guess we could give
the poor guy a break.  he's been chasing girls in
delis
and coffeehouses for years.  mwahahaha.

somehow i can imagine blake and steveC commiserating
in
a southern bar, knocking back the budweisers, quoting
the go-betweens, and generally being that strange
hybrid of Young American Men and indie saddos.  hot
damn.  i think i just insulted them.  it wasn't meant
to be an insult.  no, no.  Dr. Ree loves you all.

my valentines day will be spent cleaning the house
(and
probably listening to birdie, as i haven't been able
stop since i got the album -- perhaps a subconscious
desire to make up for being denied seeing them TWICE
in
london) in anticipation of christiaan's arrival.  he
arrives on thursday.  i will be bearing a gift of two
pounds of candy.  we're moving v-day to feb 15.

my birthday is next week.  LOVE ME.

5-disc-changer stereos are really the only way to be
able to listen to the b&s eps, aren't they?  like, i'm

sure as hell not going to bust out a 20minute cd all
by
itself.  i want QUANTITY.  but sticking "dog on
wheels"
in amidst a few others does quite nicely.  also,
speaking of length (*ahem*), i have this CD-R stephin
merritt mix cd that julie made me, and it appears that
it is the perfect length for cleaning my room to.
when i cleaned my closet, the cd ended just as i did.
when i cleaned the rest of my room, same thing.
weird.

speaking of cleaning out closets, when i cleaned mine,
i found thirty-three pairs of shoes that i no longer
wear.  so i have to go donate them to the salvation
army today.  before christiaan arrives and finds 33
pairs of shoes taking over my upstairs hallway.

oddly, it was really phil's post that inspired me to
write, yet i have no response to him.  other than that
it made me kinda miss mell street.  mwah, martin.

xoxo,
 ree

=====
"to me she was just marie."  -mersault

"Let me, for our happiness/
 Be the one to love the less." -dorothy parker

http://www.chickpages.com/poetrypod/lilarsonist