Sinister: If We Can Land A Man on the Moon, Surely I Can Win Your Heart

Mike K dontloveanyone at xxx.com
Tue Feb 13 23:31:42 GMT 2001

Post number three.
*deep breath*

It's been an interesting week. What a naff word, "interesting" is. New girl at school who wears grungey clothes and has an antinazi symbol on the backpack. I think i'm starting to think of her too often, or maybe i am just desperate for an indie girl in these lonely times, and she looks a bit indie, although apparently she listens to Korn, and so my hopes are shot out of the sky like Clay Pigeons (which is apparently half the title of a Sister Hazel song, and my reason for knowing this shall remain undiscussed)

i am apparently the only B&S fan for miles (and i remind you all that i'm from Brazil), although i'm not the only Weezer fan, thankfully. to whoever mentioned 'the good life', its a great song, and to whoever has Ozma as their name, great band, unless of course you're not talking about the band in which case its time for the old crawl-inside-the-turtle shell trick.

its not vday for another 3 hours here. this is one of the years where i say it's going to be just like every day of the year except of course its not. the odds of something extraordinarily romantic happening on February 14th are slim anyways, its 24 hours out of...well, a lot.

As someone* was talking about a song to sum up the romantic year (does this mean we have to report earnings and losses for each quarter?) mine would be the song from my subject line. It's a song by Beulah, who i just found about last week and absolutely loved. Which brings me to a nagging question: what is the most B&S-ey band you've all heard? Bands not involving B&S members though. I've been searching for a band that has quite as much magic as B&S but it's been a fruitless search.

I can't help not singing Loneliness under my (already panting) breath whenever running round the track. Of course it makes me wheez by the time i'm done. And of course I burst into a coughing fit any time i reach the high parts. But all is well in the end, i suppose.

well i think i will get a rose for tomorrow and hand it to the grunge/indie/korn girl. If i am met with an angry look and a yell, i can resort to my "it's from a friend" act. Is roses the thing to do these days? My friend says daisies but she might be winding me up. Ah well.

Love to all
Mike K

*apologies for all the "someone"'s, i keep forgetting exactly who says what