Sinister: Do you mind if I compartmentalise? I hate to, but may I?

Geysel Frass keiji357 at xxx.com
Thu Feb 15 12:47:15 GMT 2001

Yada, yada...

A little while ago, Mr Miller doused the MagFs (and
specifically 69LS) with kerosene and spat a lit match
into their faces.  My advice here is: give up.  There
are those of us who, 18 months ago, thought there was
probably a decent EP trying gamely to wriggle its way
out of each disc - folks who would now proclaim that
it was always worth at least a double-LP; others would
clock 20 peaches, 20 lemons and a smattering of
pomegranates upon hearing the Merritt opus - these
souls (particularly post-Lyric) can now count the
skippable tunes without removing the second glove.  If
you can’t find a single redeeming feature ten songs in
(and 69LS starts pretty strongly), then it ain’t for
you.  Five years down the line you might find yourself
whistling “Chicken” as you unscrew a carton of
semi-skimmed, but that’s not worth fifteen of your
quids, even (especially?) if it’s a slice of your
embezzled riches.

Which is good - look where unanimous popular acclaim
gets you.  The Third Bleedin’ Reich.  We can’t let
*that* happen again.

In the midst of a post as taut and fascinating as a
Standish Bauxall novella, Genevieve said:

“underground parking lot”

...just like that, with no embellishment or
explication.  It reminded me of Teletext in areas of
poor reception, where a refreshed page only partially
replaces the previous screen of text.

“Arsene Wenger threatened today to leave English
football if UEFA and FIFA cannot resolve
savaged by wolverines.  Prosecuting, Julian Flax QC
said that there was little doubt that kidney damage”

...that kind of thing.  Perhaps someone else is trying
to communicate with us using Ms Wesley as a vessel?
The mind boggles.  I am in a state of bogglation.
Bogglitude is something that is happening to me.

I've stopped.

G.