Sinister: the bard that dared to rhyme card with hard

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Thu Feb 15 20:44:41 GMT 2001

Ummm.Magistris PF epistola tardus adveniit...Billy Bragg's lyrics hit us
hard in the back at the end of the special St Valentine's quiz. That is,
had I read 'that'message and no secrets about the pop personality who
could thank you for the card at the same time that criminalising you with
no regrets.

Tom Waits was sandwiched between BB and VU, at which entry I failed
miserably. We confused The Carpenters and Elton John, ignored
olympically The Osmonds and could not recognize a familiar portrait of
Embrace, but you know, we are 'indie kids',after all. Or I was in my days
of My Bloody Valentine featuring the cover of my school A4 files, that is
why I got right that one, three or four years contemplating during
Algebra and Latin lessons how miserable they striked a pose
 in their anoraks and their shaggy haircuts.
Against my trademark shoegazing, it must be said I remembered Jennifer
Rush's total hit with 'The Power of love',lyrics included, and had some
intuition on T'Pau that proved right.Carol Decker, was her name,wasn't
it? I never listened to any of their songs, just overheard them, but that
kind of stuff leaks effectively into your brains with minimal exposure
time.She also had that sort of vaguely permed mane falling over her eyes
constantly.How incomfortable.Was it always windy in the late 80s? At
convent school we were obliged to do our hair in ponytails and buns, maybe
there was some meteorological reasons, seeing all the dishevelled youth
that was breathing out there.

We demanded more 90s questions next time, more Belle and Sebastian
questions if possible. What we did not tell the quiz master it was that we
failed to recognize Stuart Murdoch's picture in a similar event about 2
years ago, errrr.More PopStars questions is our current level, I am
afraid. Or if I carried my housemate, Meatloaf-special truffled with some
Foreign...on Saturdays mornings I would nearly cry for the comeback of Mad
Cath and her tendency to play herself the violin on top of Lloyd-Weber's
early works.

x  Arantxa