Sinister: Cause I'm a stormtrooper

Jason McKinnon megatherion5 at xxx.com
Thu Feb 15 22:18:10 GMT 2001

JenOwl Wrote:

I broke up with Gav the boy. My main reason is that I'm going through a
girls
- only phase. My friend said that's what it was and it sums it up perfectly.
So now cause I don't like boys just now, certain people who will remain
nameless are encouraging me to wear lumberjack shirts and shave my head, and
go about singing Constant Craving. Which I'm not going to do.

Prickle Pince replies and doesn't mean to pick on JenOwl but:

Phases. I really don't like when this term or this kind of mentality is used
to describe sexuality. I happen (this is just me!) to think the best way to
look at sexuality and relationships is a case-by-case basis. If you like
someone, go out with them and do things people who like each other do. If
you dont, then don't. Any other way of dealing with this ambisexual behavior
is childish and basically ridiculous. A girl phase....indeed! You might as
well say you are going through an Asian phase or an amputee phase.

That being said, I do think it's kewl that you aren't turning into a KD Lang
clone. So, it's obvious that you don't want conventional notions of
sexuality to mold you.
Then why persist in calling not liking a "girl phase" thing. Maybe you just
don't like him anymore.

CAVEAT:

I'm just taking issue with the mentality of sexual phases not with JenOwl
personally.

ambidextrously yours,

PP