Sinister: The drought is crippled by the rain.

M. Timothy Meskers areservoirdog at xxx.com
Thu Feb 15 23:21:19 GMT 2001

July 2000, Select, pg 24

Stuart Braithwaite (of Mogwai) speaks of NWA. Bear with it, it's a bit of a
lengthy/vulgar quote.

"The imminent NWA reunion is well worth looking out for. As in most
reunions, the sheer front of reconciliation is often the highlight for the
impartial observer. Watching Glen Matlock play 'Anarchy in the UK' alongside
Rotten, Cook, and Jones, while knowing they took turns wanking into his
baguette was hilarious enough, but Ice Cube sharing a stage with a band who
augmented their second cd with a threat to, "cut off his hair and f--k him
with a broomstick" takes forgiveness to a new plateau. Their new track,
'Chin Check' on the Next Friday original soundtrack was tremendous. Barring
Belle & Sebastian, they're the world's most dangerous band."

----

Just a brief quote from an old Select that most of you have probably heard,
but really tickled my fancy. All the talk of them in the studio has gotten
my very excited as has some mention of Weezer among the Sinisterines.
Sixteen long days from now til the show that I miraculously got tickets to.
I hear the GetUp Kids and Ozma are opening up for them, has anyone heard
them, and if so, are they any good? I'm dying to hear some of Weezer's new
stuff, this year's Christmas EP has whetted my appetite for something fresh.

Happy belated Valentine's, by the way. Did any of you do anything exciting?
I went to a local thrift shop with my friend Nate and bought an old mod wig.
It may have been meant for women, but I wore it anyways. I wore that around
for awhile and pretended to be a character named Rick. He also bought a wig
and pretended to be a character named Dutch. We went to a coffeeshop and
drank non-alcoholic wine that the couples had been drinking. I ran into some
friends who tried to talk to me as Timothy, but I politely informed them
that my name was actually Rick and they I was frequently confused with the
local celebrity of similar appearance. Then I took off my wig and told them
I was only kidding. My mom told me not to buy any more wigs from thrift
shops because I'll probably get lice or something. I guess that wasn't a
terribly stimuating story but at the time I found it hilarious, wearing a
wig and all. Thanks to everyone who sent out VD related posts, the story
about kidnapping Cupid was particularly droll and the story about roughing
up that old man had my chuckling as well. Really made an otherwise bleak
(save for the wig adventure) day bearable.

Hope you're all well and had nice Valentine's Days with lots of humorous and
rewarding endeavors.

Sincerely,
Timothy

xoxo

p.s. The new issue of Revolver's got a swell article on The (International)
Noise Conspiracy early on and another on Weezer a bit closer to the middle.
There's also a great article on The Pixies, which, as I recall from my
nursery, there may have been one or two fans on the list? Despiete the
initial embarassment that stems from purchasing a magazine with the singer
of Korn on the front, it really turned out fine, I recommend it...