Sinister: perfect coffee

evan beusoleil comixnerd at xxx.com
Thu Feb 15 23:25:59 GMT 2001

i am writing this so that all may enjoy what i am enjoying at this moment, a
most perfect cup of coffee from my own home.  for years i would never make
coffee for myself, for fear it would taste like poo, and would only drink
coffee at work, which has always been either restaurants or megalithic
bookstores with overpriced cafes.  now, thanks to my sweetie and his gifts
of valentines, as well as some advice from my friend the coffee guru, i have
learnt the secret alchemy of coffee from home.
first start with whole bean coffee.  it doesn't have to be organic, but it
wouldn't hurt.
measure out about a half cup of beans (these instructions are for making
four cups, so if you want more, just do the math) and grind for about 20
seconds if your using a coffee maker. ten for a percolator.  i don't know
what to do with a french press.
next put the grinds in the coffee maker immediately and make it.  what you
don't drink right away, store in a hi-vacuum thermos or air pot.  if you
leave it out it'll go nasty.
always store beans in an air tight container and never freeze your beans.
also, don't grind a bunch in advance, only grind what you want to use right
away.
and that's it!
as for content, well, a lot of you are students, and students drink coffee
because they stay up all night studying.  especially students in glasgow.
speaking of glasgow, why is it so cool?  all the best bands are there, and
even some of the best comic book writers/artists are from there. it's not
even such a big town.  even groundskeeper willie and shari bobbins are from
glasgow!  but i digress. happy late valentine's day to all and to all a good
day.
-evan