Sinister: childrens books

evan beusoleil comixnerd at xxx.com
Fri Feb 16 00:18:24 GMT 2001

i know it's probably not so cool to write another post so soon, but the
subject is kids books, so i can't resist!
i work at borders, so i spend all day looking at books instead of
supervizing, which is what i'm supposed to do, and i love kids books.
particularly the "picture books" section.  if anyone hasn't looked at them
yet, check out the work of eric carle, it's beautiful.  also, for a very
entertaining, well drawn book, check out - ooooh, i can never spell his name
- szieska?  he illustrated "the true story of the 3 little pigs" and "the
stinky cheese man" among others, so just go to the "s's" and look for those
books. they are fantastic!  and if you can find it, Jill Thompson's Scary
Godmother, the original hardcover (it's a comic now) is adorable and the
best halloween book.
and then there's roald dahl, the genius...
my father got married a second time, and he and his french wife had a little
girl, colette, five years ago.  i thought it would be a real drag, but now
that i know her, she's the best! and i shower books on her every chance i
get! in french and english, cause she's so clever she can read em both!
cause god knows i'll never have one of my own...
okay, that's it, really it is...
-evan