Sinister: right, write

Kevin Hyde kmhyde at xxx.edu
Fri Feb 16 14:58:18 GMT 2001

Yeah, thought so.

I was trying, with little success it appears, to be somewhat sarcastic.

apparently though, this does not translate well into email.

David White wrote:

As for B&S fans, what difference does it make whether you are a fan who
likes them a little bit or a fan who likes them a lot, surely you're still a
fan? This kind of music snobbery is disgusting. Surely if you find somebody
who likes the same kind of music you should be happy, not immediately want
to belittle them for not being a real fan or because they like other bands
as well that you might not. I am a fan of B&S, I wouldn't say I was their
greatest fan but I like them, just like I like a lot of other bands and
other kinds of music, probably bands which rule me out of your so-called
"sub-species".

ummm. yeah. if you look at my message, the language I use is a little less
than serious. especially the "those who REALLY like Belle and Sebastian".
that is, as you so astutely and eloquently said, a load of shite.

well. i won't be sarcastic from now on. only earnest and logically
consistent posts from me.

apologies to those who were so deeply offended.

Kevin