Sinister: Go Baby!

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Fri Feb 16 17:31:19 GMT 2001

Q:  Which Oxford Sinisterine is best mates with Handy Andy?
A:  Carol Smillie Steve

Hello everyone!  Hello Valentine's miserablists!  Cheer up, you old
buggers, having no sweetheart is only just a little bit worse than living
hundreds of miles away from your sweetheart.  Didn't you know?  Miss
Honey's little side project is a great big international indie dating
agency.  Through the power of the modern interweb and with a little bit of
help from Miss Crush, plus the odd bottle of picnic plonk, she's fixed up
more than a couple of LDRs (that's Long Distance Relationships to you,
baby) and they all sat on their own on the 14th, thinking of people they
weren't going to be munching heart-shaped chocolates with.  Didn't you?
Yes, I'm talking about *you*.  And *you*.

Don't you love typos?  Michelle wrote

> Well so I almost kocked him over.

I am easily amused.

Robin Stout asked if GEORGE HENRY DICKIE was a Dalek and I thought
OHMIGOD!  Because I always read GHD's posts in a Dalek voice (in my head,
not aloud, one has has to be careful of one's reputation at work) but now
I think about it, it's less of a metallic Dalek voice I hear and a bit
more of a breathy, whispery one.

Kinder Buenos are The Best Thing In The World.  Better than Jaffa Cakes,
better than Irn Bru.  Better than Belle & Seb... well no, maybe they're
not quite The Best Thing In The World, but they're darn good, I tell you.
It's the melty hazelnut bit in the middle that makes my tummy go flippety
flop.

According to Kevin Hyde,

> Belle and Sebastian fans...are a sub-species of indie kids.

But no!  You're wrong!  We're a super-species.  A super-duper-species.
Yes indeed.

I'm off to the place where Apples grow in Stereo.  See ya.

Juicy Lucy