Sinister: Raise high the roofbeam, carpenters.

Julie jules at xxx.cx
Sat Feb 17 05:34:53 GMT 2001

Because I am slightly drunk, I thought that I would respond to the Pine Fox
(He puts the WHORE in HORrifying, I mean that in the best possible way) and
say that yes, people do read Salinger other than Catcher In The Rye.  When I
was in high school, I was quite fond of Franny & Zooey and indeed liked it
better than Catcher in the Rye.  Then I lent it to my 10th grade European
history teacher and went to Japan (while in Japan I took Nine Stories out of
the library and read it, odd that they would have Nine Stories in the
library in Saga-shi, Japan, isn't it?) and never saw it again.  I recently
replaced the book and started to read it again, but I realized that since
I'm no longer a private school discontent teenager it just doesn't have the
same appeal (at least the "Franny" part).  But then, that's just growing up.
Also, Bring It On was the best movie of 2000.  The Academy really fucked up
this year (although I swear if Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon doesn't win all
the awards it's up for, heads will roll!).  Bring It On's the poo, Courtney,
take a big whiff.
Also, if Belle & Sebastian is in Hoboken, why are they not playing DDR with
me? Je ne sais pas!

xoxo
Julie

PS: I once had such a vivid dream that J.D. Salinger was releasing a new
book that I believed it was true for two years.  It wasn't true.