Sinister: tis a bit old

Julie jules at xxx.cx
Sun Feb 18 00:03:18 GMT 2001

some random girl said:

> "a series of unfortunate events", a depressing children series, perfect
for
> belle and sebastian fans.

Interesting that you make that connection during the great Magnetic Fields
vs. B&S debates, since Lemony Snicket IS Daniel Handler, sometimes accordian
player for the Magnetic Fields and friend of the Merritt. Daniel Handler
also wrote a fabulous grown-up book called the Basic 8 about angst and
absinthe, which should be read by all (and has been mentioned numerous times
before on sinister).  Watch Your Mouth, not as good.  I've not read the
Lemony Snicket books although I bet they're in the same vein as the
Gashlycrumb Tinies, eh?  Has anyone seen the Edward Gorey musical?
Also, Belle & Sebastian are STILL not playing DDR with me.  Why?  WHY??

xoxo
Julie