Sinister: how can you write in the fourth person?

Kevin Hyde kmhyde at xxx.edu
Sun Feb 18 07:58:05 GMT 2001

I always wondered what it would be like to write in the fourth
person....could you combine first person and third person? or maybe a second
person narrative squared?

I don't think either of those would count though, that's the thing....

I've been interviewing people around my school, asking them about the
happiest moments of their lives (as long as the instances are not super
personal) so that I can put them in a short story. It's intriguing to note
that quite a few people focus only on very very recent memories- which is, I
guess, just further evidence for the primacy effect. I had long been under
the impression that many people had childhood memories that were far better
in terms of intensity and duration. (now I sound like Bentham)

many guys cited past girlfriends- the girls were much more diverse.

huh.

anyway- I just got the new Low album, and it is as good as everyone says it
is. I had the chance to book them to play at my school with Labradford, but
the scheduling office which handles those sorts of things said I would've
had to pay nine times what the budget was, just to reserve the proper gig
space. very disappointing.

***reason for posting*** I was wondering if anyone would be willing to send
me phrases. Yes, i did type that right. just sentences that really don't
have to do with anything- especially phrases that make you feel good- that
have positive connotations to you- the more non-sequitur-ish, the better.
I'm doing this as part of the research for my philosophy thesis:
that certain words and even letters seem intrinsically 'good', and others
are 'bad'. (that's not all the thesis- it's more to do with ethical
language, but I didn't want to bore/out-pretentious anyone)

thanks.

have a good Sunday-

Kevin