Sinister: Like bikies who left all their beards at the door...

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 19 13:53:28 GMT 2001

IMHO, Coldplay is NOT as good as having your teeth removed, one by one, by a
blind traffic warden, using a pneumatic drill. Or having your testicles
waxed by Anne Widdecombe.

Why are the British music press so obsessed with Coldplay / JJ72 /
Starsailor style suicide music at the moment?

Of course, you'd be much better off listening to The Whitlams instead. Think
great lyrics, great arrangements, and tunes to die for. Imagine Ben Folds
Five if they weren't slightly annoying. Imagine Mercury Rev without the
willful weirdness. Imagine The Divine Comedy at their smoothest moments if
they weren't so over-the-top. Oh, just buy it will you?

OK, time to discuss the serious B&S issue of the day. No, we don't care
where the tour's going to go, or what the new songs are going to be like.
The question on everyone's lips is: what colours are the covers going to be?
They must be starting to run out of ideas by now. My money's on puce.

Does anyone out there know of anywhere decent to live? I've been back in
Britain for 5 months now (since
http://science.ntu.ac.uk/msor/skg/travels.htm...), and I'm getting desperate
to leave again. Too many people, too little space, too unfriendly, no decent
scenery, and godawful weather. Time to emigrate. OK, so I'm going to be
living in Nottingham for the next 3 years, but there's no harm in planning
ahead is there?

Apparently, the average person in Britain has sex 110 times a year.
Someone's getting more than their fair share.

Big Stu