Sinister: embiggens and embiggens

DAVID FOSTER D.Foster-2 at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 19 16:44:30 GMT 2001

Hi all,

Heard a promo of the new Snow Patrol album the other day, and it is
rather good to say the least. But, the exciting news is that we (me
and man who runs record shop) are 95% sure that Stuart Murdoch sings
on two tracks. Its either him, or its the Snow Patrol guy doing a
bloody good impression. Maybe this is old news to you all and I have
been skimming over posts a bit too much, but if it's not, yay!
Also, my record shop friend made me a tape of unreleased b & s stuff
which is truly grate. LLPJ, IYFS and BWTAS live at the Bowlie
weekender. Also a recording of them playing Loneliness of a..., and
The Kids are Alright, and also playing Rhinestone Cowboy to the queue
outside one of their gigs singing with a megaphone. Also two Isobel
tracks in French, one of which (Evensong in french) is just
wonderful.
So, that was rather a hefty chunk of content, though maybe of little
interest.

I met a lovely Scottish girl last night, which down here in Devon is
pretty damn rare. I immediatly fancied the pants off her, and became
very excited when she said she would teach me the guitar. She isn't
really familiar with b & s but I just know she'll love them. When I
asked her what music she liked, she replied "this sounds a bit
stupid, but....soul". My heart melted. But I have chickened out of
going round there today, and I have to go to work now. She probably
has a boyfriend anyway. Watch this space. If she goes out with me I
will be an extremely happy boy!

Oh well. Time to go to work. Hope everyones happy clappy n snappy.

D. Foster

"It's a perfectly cromulent word"