Sinister: It was half-past February

P F pinefox1 at xxx.com
Tue Feb 20 21:08:29 GMT 2001

Robert McTaggart wrote:

>>> It's Friday morning, the sun is shining

and I wonder how happy he was. I mean, he sounds
happy. What I mean is, to hear someone back there in
the pink mists sounding so happy - so open to a day's
freshness - almost makes *me* happy.

And think also of his youth.

Robert and his youth.

>>> and I'm preparing myself spiritually and mentally
for a weekend of Scottish country dancing

gosh. Maybe he wasn't happy after all. That was a
misreading on my part.

>>> (can anyone remember the steps to 'Bonnie Prince
Charlie's Hornpipe'?)

No. But I did hear someone talking about Scottish
dancing only 2 hours ago.

>>> I remember my English teacher coming into the room
on the first day of term and saying "Spring is here -
the time when Young McTaggart chases after young girls
and sticks his claymore into them". He was a strange
man, but a great influence.

Between you and me, that sounds like a puff. I mean, I
think he's giving himself a puff there, under the
guise of self-deprecation. I must ask him how he does
it.

>>> So I'm listening to 'The Hit Power of the
Exciters'

Hang on, was this a PJ Miller post?

No.

>>> The cats are fighting like mad fools and the fur
is a-flyin'. And I'm officially 'working from home'.
Quelle belle vie!

I was right first time. He was happy after all.

>>> I must say how disappointed I was to miss Stuart
'Rupert' Murdoch on IRC yesterday. That Stu-d is
slippery as an eel.

Blige, that makes me think.

>>> Rod Begbie wrote:

There you go - I thought that Mark Casarotto had
invented Rod Begbie. Like Bob Mould, he didn't.

>>> Of course, over the atlantic, the merkins refer to
a scone as a biscuit, a biscuit as a cookie, and a bar
as a candy.

I don't know that the Yanks call scones biscuits. No
evidence I can recall. Cookie, candy, OK.

>>> have Jesse Garon and the Desperados been mentioned
yet? For about six months in the mid-eighties they
were the loveliest thing on the planet.

Actually, this is true. I checked. The months in
question were

October 1984
January 1985
mid-March-mid-April 1985
December 1985
March 1986
September 1986

'snowinsumr' is a Cure fan. How do I know? Cos 'Snow
In Summer' was a Cure B-side in 1987, and cos she
(she?) signs her(?)self ms elise.

And yet she says:

>>> i believe that the smith's "there is a light that
never goes out" is the perfect song...everytime i hear
it i can feel my body tense and the whole world melts
into this amazing dream...usually this is intensified
by massive tears and the shaken hands grasping for a
steadier...

I don't know what we can add to that.

>>> i suppose a nice sensitive boy is what i want...

Oh! There must be some kids out there on sinister now
for you.

>>> sensitive with at least a tenth of the sexual
politics that jarvis cocker has...

I'm not convinced.

invisible boy wrote:

>>> Believe it or not, it's taken the whole of IYFS
and three cans of stella for me to write this. Cripes,
and still loads of spelling mistakes.

That's why, silly!