Sinister: Too much music won't kill you

Peter Carter p.carter at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 21 17:44:05 GMT 2001

<CCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOLDPLAY
What's all the fuzz about this band. I like them, there, I said it.........
They have a bunch of good tunes, they don't have a shitty attitude like the
Gallagher brothers, they are absolutely brill' live... And yeah, of course
they have this dull-indie-image,, and of course they will never be the
better of Radiohead, or B&S or... but I like them. And I think all the
people who don't like them just can't stand it that a band that once had a
lot of indie-credibility started selling millions and trillions and
gazillions of records. Admit it, you wankers... you're just jealous. I bet
you all play in a band and want to be famous too but you can't be because
you're singing or guitar playing is worse than my neighbour's cat's. Anyway,
cut the crap, I like Coldplay, especially "Don't Panic">

Coldplay are ok, I've thought they were ok ever since I heard them.
Parachutes is a good album marred by over production, a lack of musical
invention and, lets face it, pretty damn crappy lyrics, oh, and stars are
NOT yellow. My friends seem to think they are going to be like Radiohead and
improve vastly on their first album with their second. I don't think so
purely because they will be given even more oportunity to produce it, which
is one of the problems in the first place. The problem with Pablo Honey was
a lack of production and a lack of skill, that was why Radiohead managed to
improve on it so much with subsequent releases... can't wait till Amnesiac.

<CONCERTS.
I'm so excited. "Why??" you ask. well, I'm going to see three of my all-time
favorite bands in concert over the next few weeks. First up is Low, like I
sead yesterday, imho the best pop-band of all time, then Tortoise, together
with L'altra and 'the Sea and the Cake', this will be a very good
post-rocky, arty farty night with lots of beautiful indie, hippie kind of
girls>

*drools*, I wish I'd get some of them, all the girl I seem to get at the
moment are idiots who wear t-shirts saying things like "Men lie" and "I will
if you will", christ, you'd think I had cropped hair and perminantly wore a
rugby shirt.

<WORLDLY INJUSTICE
Sometimes the world makes me so sick and at the same time i think that I
should do something about it, make a difference, start a rebellion,
whatever.... I watched the news yesterday: people losing their jobs,
earthquakes in India and El salvador without the western world giving
adequate support and help, Palestinians dying in Israël due to Sharon being
stubborn and just an utter fool, hunger and civil war in Guinée,etc.... I
mean, there's so much injustice  and all we do here in our perfect little
rich western world is sit back and relax and listen to music and do
pointless jobs that just gain more money for our rotten capitalist system.
But, hell, I think I don't have the courage to get up and do something about
it, anything.... go to Africa for Doctors without Frontiers, the Red Cross,
Oxfam, Amnesty,...
But, when I grow iup there will be a day that I will get up and do it my
way!!!!>

I had a discussion with some people who I usually consider to be rational
human beings... they all believed fervantly that it was right to fight for
your country no matter what the cause is out of 'duty'.  This REALLY pissed
me off, I ended up very nearly shouting down their ear holes.

< I am asking anyone on this list again. Please send me a "Felt" tape, any
"Felt" tape... I heard so many good things about them, downloaded some of
their songs from Napster,and of course absolutely adored them. I could
download more, but in one way or another trading tapes seems a cooler and a
less anti-social thing to do. Anyone who can send me a "Felt" tape will get
a reward, not just any reward... but some very good mix-tapes.>

Me too, I'll swap you copies of anything in my CD collection.

"...and of course everyone felt appropriately shocked and saddened by the
women's affliction..."

The Happy Reaper