Sinister: Cosmic Colin Goes Bananas!

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Feb 22 09:20:59 GMT 2001

Does anyone here take Marie Claire? B&S are featured in the March issue
(Spain edition). Apparently they are "the true myths" that "inspire" a group
of people called "Lo-Fi Dandy" which is like Brit-Pop only indier (I think).
The most alarming characteristic is "adolescent sense and sensibility (at
any age)". Sound familiar? "Far from wanting to create scenes, everything
boils down to total devotion for pop with nice melodies". Perhaps "Lo-Fi
Dandy" will become the new "Grunge". I'd hold on to those test pressings a
bit longer, just in case. The other groups mentioned are Roxy Music and
Pulp.

There were some pigs squealing on the news just now, they sounded exactly
like "Walk This Way" by Aerosmith.

In the interests of list research, I have started The Journals of Slavia
Praha 1950-1962. It's just a bunch of Dear Diary posts! Good ones, though.
She gets K!I!S!S!E!D! against her will in a B!A!R!N! by a Peacock
Johnson-like character. For a nosy parker it's an interesting book. I find
it a bit distressing though, and nothing distressing has happened yet. She
hasn't even met Ted Heath. I think I'd prefer to read Sniffin' Glue.

Peter