Sinister: A Fish in a Bow Tie?

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 23 00:20:11 GMT 2001

On Monday I was walking home and I saw a full moon melting
through the branches of a beech tree. Then I turned a corner past a
house and realised it was the lit up clock face of a black church
tower. It was beautiful.

Trying to find some info about Staurt Murdoch's rectorial campaign I
came across this website
http://familyclan.net/stuart_robert_duke.htm
about Murdoch Stuart, the Second Duke of Albany, who apparently
ruled Scotland in the 14th century. Maybe Stuart Murdoch is trying to
win back his ancestral right. Hopefully he won't meet the same
sticky end as Murdoch Stuart, who was eventually executed by King
James' own trained badger army*.

The website seems to be part of a family tree, including such names
as Duncan "Na-Adh" Campbell, who married Murdoch Stuart's sister,
and is a direct ancestor of a certain Lady Isabell Campbell. Ah, the
wheel has come a full circle. Isabell Campbell? Murdoch Stuart?
Family Tree? This is too freaky. I'm probably going to go home now
and see the face of Struan in a carrot.

On our family tree, the most notable thing, apart from Uncle Billy
who stole all the family silver and was disowned, is the inexplicable
claim that  "Ada Jackson married Fish". Whether this was one fish or
lots I don't know, but it must have been a difficult wedding, with lots
of fish in bow ties floundering around, and a crap speech from the
best fish with lots of in fish jokes that no-one else understands. "So
I was talking to this clam the other day...".

You know, if my family tree goes back to Napoleon I think I'll change
my name to Jones.

Robin x

*I made this up