Sinister: There's a band on every corner, but I'm not in one. I hate 3 out of every 4 of them, but I haven't got a gun.

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 23 18:00:20 GMT 2001

OK, let me just say this: the reason I don't like Coldplay isn't because
they're popular, it's because I think their music's shit. I disliked them
when I first heard them, and have ever since. If you disagree with me, who
cares? You can listen to them, I won't.

Let's face it, noone would seriously dislike a band just becuase they were
in the charts, we're not indie music snobs here, as has been proven time and
time again over the last 3 1/2 years. After all, B&S are a Top 20 band now,
and we're not all going round burning their CDs because of it. I don't give
a toss what label a band are on, or what they look like, or how many times
they've appeared doing in-store appearances at HMV, so long as the songs are
good - that's not too much to ask is it?

It's getting like Manchester United fans complaining that the reason the
rest of the country hates them is because we're jealous of their success,
when really we just think they're arrogant and bad losers and their manager
is a tosser.

Anyway, in other news, I notice that NME.com have got another exclusive
article about B&S on their site at the moment. Even if it is suspiciously
similar to the Teletext interview from a few days ago...

Two and a half hours is a bloody long film.

Big Stu