Sinister: All I ever wanted, is all I never knew

tmalone3 at xxx.net tmalone3 at xxx.net
Sun Feb 25 08:44:59 GMT 2001

First off, mad props and brownie points to those who can name the
musical reference in the title.

Boy G seems to have found a way to mention Leonard Cohen and Marilyn
Manson in the same email, very admirable.  He is right though, Mr. Cohen
has some very naughty lyrics ("give me crack, anal sex, find the only
tree thats left, and shove it up the whole in your culture").  They're
all so wonderful though.  I just love Leonard Cohen.  I wish I could
find the original 4-tracks of his albumns though, cause I think they
would be absolutely fab without the bloody awefull backup singers.
Just as a word of warning to any aspiring Leonard Cohen fans, it is
much better (and safer) to get a mix tape from somebody who is already
a fan.  There is so much good Cohen music, but also, so much really
 stupid sounding Cohen music.  It isn't that the lyrics are bad, just
that the background music and singers are. Then there are songs like
"everybody knows" and "Take this waltz".

As to the Final Fantasy debate, I've only played a couple of the games
and I found them mildly entertaining, nothing great though.  The only
truly great role playing games (or any computerized games for that
matter) are the games in the Ultima series (specifically 4-7).  The only
games that keep track of your karma, and won't let you win if you don't
keep up your karma.  Also, in number 4, there was no final bad guy, you
just went on a sort of spiritual quest.

B&S might tour!  Yeah!  They'll probably never come to Washington, but
oh well.  The new singles are exciting, though I must say, Legal Man is
my least favorite Belle & Sebastian recording. I held off so long, but
I finally got it, and now I kind of think I was right to hold off.  Not
that it is bad, but it really didn't come close to what I've expected
of B&S.  Who am I to judge though.

--
Tim Malone