Sinister: Had To Hear About Your Danish Boyfriend/I Forced A Swoon

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Sun Feb 25 09:58:05 GMT 2001

Hi All,

Jenowl, you can get F-word T-shirts from sweary Peacock Johnson's website
here:

http://www.treehouse.clara.net/TznShirts.html

You decide whose name accompanies the word, Stuart David or Mr Johnson
himself (if you're hard enough). His current Thought For The Week spot not
only accuses STuD of rigging polls (no!) but announces:

"I'm on a wee *ucking tour now too, eh? Ha Ha. *ucking magic. Mid April, it
is. 18th in Oxford, 19th in Brighton, 20th in London, 21st in Glasgow, 23rd
in Edinburgh. Something like that. Wherever the *uck they hold that kind of
literate bullshit. Come along and meet me if you get the chance. See if I'm
as handsome in real life. And watch it finally going down between me and
that *unt."

Mark C (for Chest-01)

Mmmm, can't remember much about Sylvia Plath, maybe something about turkey
gizzards.

The Pinefox talked of The Message (an oustanding book with a sexy photo or
two on the cover) & I searched for my copy but can't seem to find it -
anyone know where it is?

Peter, I consider the sub-normal Tommy Iommi riffing strand in the Foxgloves
sound to show the influence of The Lemonheads on The Pinefox's songwriting.
Luckily he didn't pick up on the Charles Manson obsession. Sally & I were
lucky enough to see Evan Dando (mostly detested on this list, sorry for
bringing him up) at Dingwalls the other night & he was great. Just him & his
guitar, playing nearly 30 songs, half of them classics (at least to me) & a
rammed venue singing word perfect with him (including backing vocals) Magic.
I can't see why he thought it was a bad gig.

Koen, there are apparently lots of Felt CD's for sale at www.amazon.co.uk

"'Ll's Belle

Everybody loves you, Llaura Llew
Lllaura Lllew, you're an 'Ll of a gal
We gotta crush on you, Llllaura Llllew
We rely on you to namecheck your pals"

Arab Strap's Red Thread & the re-issued All Things Must Pass gleam in their
cases waiting to be listened to today. I hope they're good.

I wish I was a Glasgow Uni student. <sigh>

Love,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK