Sinister: Out of the dark ...

Vanessa Roseline Siegl vanessa.siegl at xxx.at
Sun Feb 25 11:31:59 GMT 2001

hi ....

I very rarely post here. I often feel like it but my words look daft
on the screen
and often get binned before I even write them.

I like Leonard Cohen. I wouldn't call myself a fan ..
I have a live recording and various "collections of his best songs"
And a few songs my friend taped for me.
I love Take This Waltz.

A radio guy here (who announced over the radio that I was an old
listener and over 40
because he had only skim read the mail I sent him which mentioned
someone born in 1952) thinks
Everybody Knows is the worst Cohen song ever. I disagree

The thing about differences in musical tastes Jordi posted is
interesting.
So what "creates" musical tastes in a person?
How come a song that touches one person leaves the other so called or
even annoys them?

How come I rarely listen to music these days although I should?

I went out last night but it wasn't the same anymore ...
A couple of years ago I would have loved it. Glam night. Pulp. Suede.
David Bowie. Lots of androgynous people.
Glitter. Featherboas. But it being a carnival special and me being old
and twisted I couldn't help thinking that everybody would just wash it
off once they got home.

A teenage boy tried to either pull me or make fun of my dancing and
that made me feel so old.
Some man my age kept staring at me cell messaging my friend (the
message did not get through in the end as I had no more money in my
mobile account)
Plus it was so sticky I couldn't breath. Everybody seemed to be
smoking.

I didn't last long.

have a good sunday.

v/x