Sinister: norway,flower pots and the sunday times....

Desmond Torpey boyfreind_in_a_coma at xxx.com
Sun Feb 25 14:24:17 GMT 2001

hello...
...theres still some snow left on the grass from last
nights brief flurry of bizzaro weather...its like
summer outside but the flowerpots are covered...maybe
its the last gasp of winter before *aaaah* spring
comes along at last...this seems to have been the
longest winter ever...things just drag when the sun
sleeps.....
...all this b+s activity is making me giddy..the
teletext interview perhaps unsuprisingly left me
unfulfilled...but as ceefax is the source of most of
my cultural knowledge (i live a sheltered life) i was
rather more pleased to see an interview there rather
than the nme...and new singles as well eh? and a real
life proper tour?...i feel quite flustered....
...speaking of real life proper gigs i played one
myself on thursday...it was..er..interesting... it
didnt turn out quite as we had hoped but most of the
crowd seemed to enjoy it....but i knew most of them so
i dont know whether that counts or not...i suspect
they were being supportive rather than loving...but
i'm sure we'll play again in the near future whether
the general public want us to or not...stubbornness is
one of lifes greatest gifts...
...blimey there are too many albums i want and not
enough money..in fact only enough money for
one...maybe...i suspect it shall be low although the
kings of convenience are vying for my affection..the
article in the sunday times style section the other
week alarmed me though...apparantly they and their
country of origin (i think it was norway) are now the
height of cool...simply eeeeevvverrryyyooonneee is
taking holidays there and simply eeevvveeerryyooonnee
has a copy of their album...this makes me
shudder....the sunday times style section is a hideous
publication and i really shouldnt read it...but i
simply have to be informed that catholicism is now
apparantly cool in high society (a genuine article the
other week)..." but daaahhhllliiinggg anyone who is
anyone will be at confession this sunday
"....sometimes i wonder at the sanity of
journalists...in fact i am in constant amazement at
their stupidity....but this is nothing new...
ta ta!