Sinister: It's another song in this key, yeah but this one's about me

Mike K dontloveanyone at xxx.com
Wed Feb 28 00:51:54 GMT 2001

Hello all,

It's carnival week here in Brazil. Time off school is nice, washed-out ex-movie stars dancing topless on tv is less nice. The other Brazilian sinistereens can fill in details about Carnival and all the ensuing parades.

Its so unbearably hot in the summer here. It makes me long for winter up north somewhere. I listen to Winter Wooskie and get desperately jealous. I wish i were freezing. No, I don't.

My birthday's  on Sunday, three days after Peter's. So happy birthday to him. Every time my birthday comes around it reminds me of a mad science teacher i had years ago. He used to tell me I was very lucky to have been born on March 4th. And i'd say, why? And he'd say, it's the only day of the year that's also a military order, "march forth!" and i'd smile politely. What a nut he was.

Jay mentioned Elephant6 and Kindercore. I had no idea there were other E6-fans around here. My favourite E6-type band is Of Montreal, for sure. ALthough they do fall under the  "indie vocals and piano" category that can be incredibly annoying. But they manage to pull it off.

Oh, the wonders of junk mail. I got one the other day titled "I LOVE YOU AND I DONT WANT YOU TO DIE". Imagining a mystery novel and an anonymous warning, I was instead faced with an email about Richard Simmons and weight loss. Funny, I thought, that's the last thing I think about.

The internet's brought us so much, hasn't it? It's also brought us the entirely awfully uncomfortable situation of 'running into', online,  an ex-love who hasn't talked to you in years. Drawing a deep breath and watching out for typos, you say, "Hey, how are you? How've you been?". the answer comes: "alright." Another breath. With hope: "Miss me?". Shortly: "No." the rest of the conversation is a quick exercise in cutting your losses. Of course, i'm imagining all this.......

This passes the 15-minute test easily, because i typed it up once only to lose it entirely. I won't risk it happening again.

Love
Mike K