Sinister: More about the alleged gig...

Katy Dutton jellybabs at xxx.com
Wed Feb 28 10:31:28 GMT 2001

Wee gig update here, don't know if it's anything new or not.

My lfatmate, Alsion, works for the GU Guardian and according to her it may
be at 2pm this very afternoon, in the Williams Room in the John Mac.
building.  Just a rumour though.  But they'd better be quick - rectorial
voting closes at 5pm today.  To be honest, I think Struan has been seriously
mismanaged by a certain fan who asked him to do it in the first place.

I did manage to get a ticket for the gig.  However, all the poster, mails
etc say that it will be a gig with B&S...but the tickets say it will be a
'very special live appearance' and make no mention of the band.  Plus,
reportage from the GU Guardian flatmate type enlightens us further - she
seems to think that it will be a solo acoustic set.

Oh, Stuart and Stevie did play an impromptu unplugged set of 2 songs (I
Beatles, 1 new B&S) on Sunday.  I'm sure the customary free pints were well
earned.

But anyway...back to the gig stuff.  I think that it'll be great if it goes
ahead, but I also think it's very unfair to get the hopes of 200+ fans up
(think of those who queued and didn't get tickets too).  I mean, before I
knew Stuart was standing, my vote was with Alasdair Gray.  Fair enough,
Stuart would still be a great rector if the gig didn't go ahead, and it is
the poor management provided by his campaign team that I think is to blame.
But, if the gig didn't go ahead and we'd all been messed around, it'd make
me seriously reconsider my vote - Alasdair Gray, after all, is a fine
candidate too.

Rant over.  Back to your places, children.

Katy x