Sinister: Stumble then rise on some awkward morning

Mark J Ollerenshaw mollerenshaw at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 28 11:54:50 GMT 2001

Hmmm. I think perhaps it's time to stop hiding behind the curtains
and announce my presence on the list. Not that I felt I had anything
in particular to hide from - I just constantly find myself lurking
and moping about and feel I ought to make an effort - my mum always
said I could mope for England, not that that's anything to be proud of.

Anyway.

Here I am, sitting in my room in (currently rainy) Southampon, Hampshire
(abbreviated Hants - why _is_ that?), England, sending messages down
wires and across the world to people who don't even know me. Out of
interest, are there many other people here from the South Coast
(Southampton in particular, or even better the University)? No?
Never mind.

I suppose an introduction is in order - I'm 19, wear too many
hats, and am bitter that I never quite made six feet. Grrrr.
Will that do?

Another thing: Does anyone here know how to console an inconsolable
best friend who's just lost his girlfriend of 1.5 years? I am
currently failing miserably, managing only to patronise and irritate.

I suppose since I have failed so far to include any Belle and
Sebastian content I should at least attempt a recommendation
(music _almost_ counts, doesn't it?). So: everyone has to go to
www.peoplesound.com, search for Carousels, and buy their album
(which I believe is only available through peoplesound who I
don't actually work for despite having mentioned their name twice
in the same sentence. Dammit). It's great - kind of the Kinks
mixed with Looper and lots of other things, only not, and they're
unsigned so need lots of support. Hurrah, and suchlike.

Well, I'm going to run off now, before I make myself look any more
foolish than I already have done.

Do I use brackets too much?

I hate colds, and not sneezing.
Mark O.