Sinister: white rabbits, doing a murdoch, and far far too much alcohol for a week.

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Wed Feb 28 14:27:03 GMT 2001

The smoking quit thing isn't going quite as planned.
Too many nights in smokey, drinky venues.

Right, quick thing about whats going on.

Went to an indie night a week last monday with this
girl I'm pals with called Sara. Had an amazing time,
bumped into these blokes who knew me (one of whom I
couldn't remember even though he knew every detail
about me.). A fight broke out, and people got arsy,
and indie boys burst into tears. People took drugs,
and I played the game of being "no dear, don't fall up
the stairs, you need a breath of fresh air, that would
help"
Oh, and saw this bloke there who works at the bookshop
and looks like Stuart David. Don't know his name, but
was suprised.

Went to see El Hombre Trajeado, Kaito, and Sputniks
Down last Thursday. Got a bit drunk and then proceeded
to chat to Sputniks Down and ask why the hell they
didn't leave the cosy duvet of glasgow more often.
See? we don't bite.
Also discovered, that although I am going to be
involved in doing some sort of fanzine thing with my
uni indie society (which has a crap name) I'm going to
do a Murdoch (no, not literally you dirty thinkers)
and I'm refusing to do interviews cos I needlessly
make a prat of myself and go all gushy and gruppie-
like. And you know, I'm not good at pretending to be
cool like you lot and sophisticated. I'll stick to the
drinking instead. Much more becoming when I start
talking bullplops. Saw that little Stuart David
lookalike man again.

Weekend, well, you don't want to know. Oh, went for a
coffee with a mate and discussed stuff that I'm not
going to tell you, and resisted H+M with my switch
card.

Then last night, saw that little Stuart David man
again at a hip hop drum'n'bass night. Decided to
nickname him the little white rabbit. As in Alice In
Wonderland. Cos everywhere I go, he just pops up and
runs away. He seems to be a sign I think. A sign that
I'm going to have fun.  It was odd. It was this
private party and this friend of a friend had hired it
for his birthday. Saw people again who knew me. Its
always the sort of vague knowing, rather than pally
knowing. If you know what I mean. They know me from
first year. I think most of campus did.
Anyway, got drunk, moral: aftershock is ace but evil,
then me and my pal wandered up stairs to see what was
going on there. Very decadent in a kewl way, Miss
Scarlet would surely cream her pants with joy. It
looked like it would fit in with her website.
Anyway, theres all these people sitting there looking
like, you know, intent and stuff and interested.
Nodding heads, brows furrowed with understanding and
thoughtfulness in a arty bohemian way. And this music
coming from the corner. Me and my pal stood looking
perplexed round the room. This bloke spotted me who
complimented me on my t shirt when I was at Sputniks
Down gig and gave me a nod. And this music. it was
like some sort of new age jazz keyboard playing. And
she and I, having danced and boogied like chickens
(*apparently*) to drum'n'bass and garage and whatever
else have you; stood, perplexed. We noticed all this,
and neither of us could control the laughter that
burst forthwith from our inconsiderate mouths. It was
like a blimin' funeral!

Also discovered that screw Glasgow, man, we have our
local indie "talent" (exception of Kaito who are crap
and wannabe Elastica or Sleeper and even sang one very
bis esque song that I decided to sing along to, cos
I'm cool like that.) working for us on campus. Stephen
Pastel in John Smiths (R.I.P)? Pah ha! we don't even
have to leave the campus without having local indie
types serving us.

I've been wanting to write here for the past week, but
I couldn't be arsed and I've got an attitude problem
towards being arsed.

Idles

=====
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/corduroysmoke  we're all smoking our corduroys in our secret little b+s club- what are you doing??