Sinister: frozen ducks,chubby cherubs and the bride of frankenstein....

Desmond Torpey boyfreind_in_a_coma at xxx.com
Tue Jan 2 00:44:52 GMT 2001

 hello.....
 ...well happy new year to everyperson and i hope you
 all had a lovely christmas.....i'm sure you're all
 sick of tales of other peoples festive celebrations
 and mine arent really that interesting....but i'll
 make you all suffer anyway.....
 ....well christmas itself was offically great...on
 christmas eve all my family went to church in a big
 draughty school hall which wasnt really that tinsely
 but there were lots of chubby faced cherubs looking
 excited at the thought of mr claus so i couldnt help
 but feel all warm and spangly....it did cross my
 mind
 that by 11 o clock the next morning said cherubs
 would
 be vomiting up the vast quantities of chocolate they
 had consumed and stamping on the new pokewotsit toys
 they had recieved from exasperated parents...but
 youre
 only young once and i felt spangly all the same....
 ....christmas day was lovely as well...got some WOW!
 presents including pulp,david bowie and kathryn
 williams cd's....if you havent already got the
 kathryn
 williams one (little black numbers) then i cant
 emphasise enough how good and wonderful and
 beautiful
 it is.....if you buy a copy and dont like then you
 can
 come round my house and poke my eyes out with a
 pointy
 stick....and thats as good a recommendation as i can
 give....had a nice crimbo dinner with asorted
 relatives,got a wee bit tipsy,ate some more and
 snoozed while people with bad irish accents drowned
 in
 a big icy boat (titanic was on)....so it was a
 normal,safe,boring.....but fantastic christmas....
 ...hmmmmm...as for the rest of the festive
 time....it
 was a bit mixed...like a kind of
 post-christmas/whole
 year burnout....i've just felt a bit low all
 week....no paticular immense reason....just the
 usual
 paranoia,lonliness and general arggggghhh
 feeling...but i went and sat in a big park in town
 while the last of the snow was melting...it was
 about
 four o clock in the afternoon, the sun was looking a
 bit tired and the big pond was half frozen over so
 the
 some of the ducks had to stand on the ice and
 shiver..and i felt a bit better after sitting there
 for half an hour....
 ...as for new years eve...hmmmm....that was
 kindagood
 but kindadepressing at the same time....started the
 evening by drinking cheap champagne and blue nun...i
 felt like a real yuppie...and then went to the only
 safe haven for goodish music here and got
 drunk....but
 everyone was being really miserable and i seemed to
 be
 the only one determined to have a good time...which
 makes a change because its usually the other way
 round...so evryone got sick of being in the pub so
 we
 went to someones house,smoked bad things,saw in the
 new year,hugged everybody,watched the bride of
 frankenstein,felt ill,felt better,felt sleepy and
 walked home about three o clock.....i then felt
 really
 awful and cried for the first time in ages..then i
 wrote down loads of resolutiony type stuff and felt
 much better before finally going to sleep in the
 smallest of hours....
 ...so thats been my festive time.....not too
 gripping
 but quite nice overall....i hope everybody has the
 best year ever.....
 ta ta!