Sinister: I need a holiday...

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Wed Jan 3 12:54:29 GMT 2001

Happy New Year, folks. Only 355 days left until Christmas...

Well, happy happy joy joy, this year was my first ever White Christmas.
Just. A small patch of white in the garden when I got up, and a few brief
flurries during the afternoon. Still, we even got some proper snow a few
days later (complete with the usual stories on the news about how the South
was brought to a standstill by half an inch of snow, without mentioning that
up North life went on as usual despite their being feet of the stuff.
Southern wussies...)

And in something of a record, I managed 9 days at home with only 2 major
arguments with my parents.

A success all round then, really...

New Year was a bit shit though really, since the friend who was coming to
see me in Nottingham couldn't make it because of the weather, and it was too
late to sort out anything else to do, so I stayed at home and got drunk and
sulked. And just when I thought she might be the one to answer my prayers
and end my eternal singlehood...

So then, is everyone else enjoying their first day back at work as much as I
am?

Big Stu