Sinister: Husker Du Du Du, Captain Beefheart, ELO

Stephen Hewitt shewitt at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 4 16:58:06 GMT 2001

Dahn! Dahn! Dahn! DA! DA!

Bumbum bumbum bumbum bumbum

Well I don't know about you, but I feel like a large black obelisk.

(really this is just an excuse to see how many times I can get the word
"bum" into one post)

So, back to work, hurrah, kinda.

I had quite a quiet xmas and then a very sini-full new year.  On New
years eve eve after an horrendous 8 hour coach journey (and it's the
last time i'm doing that, i can tell you, it's back to the trains for
me, at least you can smoke and bouze on them) i met up with (deep
breath) ree joolie phil martin rich trousers hopkins ken paul elena and
carey for a couple(ish) of pints and we talked to honeyboobles on the
phone too.

Then on new years eve, the above peeps were joined by mrs carsmile sez
pam mike the pinefox dave sally geoff lixi erica (and some other ppl who
aren't/haven't been on the list, yes apparently they do exist) and by
starry and velocity in spirit, and as ken and phil have previously
mentioned a jolly good time was had by all, dancing, singing, drinking
etc.  I was walking around with a really stoopid grin on my face, as it
was possibly the most fun i've ever had on NYE (and not just the bouze),
which is usually anti-climactic and/or far far too pissed, and it yet
again confirmed my belief that this list is super special lovely and I
kind of don't know where i'd be without it (sorry, is this too gushy? oh
well, what the hell, i love you all darlings).

I've scanned in my new york photos and they are at
http://www.geocities.com/carsmilesteve as per usual.

OK going now, i hope 2001 brings each one of you everything you want

xoxo
CarsmileSteve

bum