Sinister: this is where all the hard work sacrifice and painful scaldings pay off - Homer

chris perriman room_30 at xxx.com
Sat Jan 6 18:09:16 GMT 2001

happy new year!

someone wrote:-

if you havent already got the
kathryn
williams cd (little black numbers) then i cant
emphasise enough how good and wonderful and
beautiful
it is.....if you buy a copy and dont like then you
can
come round my house and poke my eyes out with a
pointy
stick....and thats as good a recommendation as i can
give....

and i agree wholeheartedly. one of my bestest friends bought me it for
krimbo and it's fab.
i also got the new godspeed...! one, david holmes's new one and the
geometrid by looper coz i heard mondo 77 on the radio a few months back and
really liked it. my sister got the badly drayn boy album but i just thought
it went on and on and strummed a bit too much, and i really liked him live,
he had loads of energu but it didn't come through on cd,

on frasier, why is daphne from manchester while all her brothers are dick
van dyke style cockneys?

sorry to mike W for not spotting you at the gig even though you said you'd
wear a b&s t-shirt but i'd forgotten that till later. our little geordie
sinister get together was a bit of a flop i suppose.  my friend's band were
the last ones on and they were a bit rubbish so don't worry about slagging
them off
we went to stone love (local indie night) after and walked along the banks
of the tyne in the snow to get there, i drank heavily from bottles of
grolsch (which tastes like pish but was cheap) and ended up outside at 3am
offering everybody to a snowball fight and then got pelted with a few
hundred snowballs from all directions and fell on my arse twice.;)

i heard a nick drake tune on a bbc2 gardening show yesterday, but i carnt
remember which one.

new year was good but i got drunk (again) and ended up snogging my ex
girlfriend who was also drunk and proceeded to accompany her and her friends
to whitley bay (about an hour's train ride from where we were) but she was
nearly sick and went home so i went to a friends house and we stayed up till
6 talking about mogwai and slint, which was nice. we have since talked and
apoligised to each other and we're friends again. (the ex, not the
mogwai/slint friend. although me and him are still friends.(shut up i hear
you cry))

how do you pronounce aislers set? i think it's ay-slers set but my friend
read it as i'll-ers set (as in supermarket aisle)
anybody?

it was my band's gig on thursday and it went SHITE.  i was bunged up with
flu, the PA kept feeding back so my mic was turned off at the monitors so i
couldn't hear myself and promptly sang out of tune, my guitar's volume kept
changing itself, the minidisc player containing the drumloops died in the
soundcheck and the replacement cd player's battery ran out so we cut the set
short and performed the last song without drums but our hearts wern't in it
anymore so we cut that short aswell and left.  i felt like smashing my
guitar but it wasn't mine so i couldn't (but that would have been quite fun)
ALSO my turntables had to be set up on a pub table so the records kept
jumping everytime someone walked past to the toilet and i nearly throttled
one of my friends for which i apoligised afterwards and everybody i swore
at. rachel(my ex girlfriend from a couple of paragraphs ago, remember?)
calmed me down and we all went to stone love (again) and i started my new
year's resolution to start drinking vodka again (i stopped two years ago
after a mate spent 2 days in hospital coz of it and it put me off, but he
still drinks it so why shouldn't i, he has since drank 16 doubles in a
single night but i digress)
at foundation everybody started snogging everyone else but the only person
who came on to me was seth, my extremely gay friend who didn't get any i'm
pleased to say (but he is working his way through all my straight friends so
i'm getting worried.)

skip this bit if you want, if you've got *this* far i'm surprized
anna was snogging bobby who last week was snogging lisa but lisa was
snogging peter who fancies jane who nearly split up with michael coz she'd
snogged 3 other boys while they were together, peter, me, and jonesy, who is
lucky to still be seeing cath (after she found out about him and jane).
cath's best friend karen was snogging simon coz her ex left her for a 27
year old but then came sniveling back. he was snogging hannah (sister of
rachel and used to go out with peter) so karen hit hannah then paul but
later apoligised to hannah through me. i got away with snogging jane a
couple of months ago coz i didn't know she was seeing michael so it was her
fault in case you are wondering.  this all happened on the dancefloor while
the only ones who wern't snogging were me and rachel and we just stood and
laughed at the complexity of it all.
and i got completely slabbed on vodkaredbulls (thanks to ken for reminding
me of its vast medicinal powers)
d'you like the word SLABBED? i invented it myself.

the vodka didn't do much good for my flu though and i had to take friday off
college and stay in bed wit a temperature and no voice listening to belle
and sebastian (i knew i could squeeze some content in somewhere)
but now i have more content, my friend cath spotted dog on wheels, lazy
line... and 3 6 9... for 2 pounds each on vinyl in a shop in leeds so is
getting them for me, i'm so happy ! ^-^

that's quite a long mail for me but i haven't written in a while

i love you all, you get me through

pez*