Sinister: Thai Elephant Orchestra

Sarah Clarke starpiekat at xxx.uk
Sun Jan 7 18:38:11 GMT 2001

Dear friends,

in fact, dear enemies too! Hello! Do any of you have pet moles? It would be so
totally rad if you did. Been a long time since I posted, but since I just found
the best Thai fact in the World I knew that it simply must be shared. I shall
leave it at the bottom of the post.

So what on earth is going on with this list these days, does it have a
dominatrix? Oh dear, get thee to a vampire ball. My friends are going to one in
Lancaster, needless to say I wasn't invited, but needless to say any event
where you have to bring your own false teeth smacks of foolishness to me....
unless its a themed "come as the pensioner of your choice" party and even in
THAT case you're being ageist cos not ALL old people lack their own teeth, you
know. Bastards. I blame Polygrip Ultra.

Did you know that in Mexico there's something called Mole Sauce? And the secret
catch is that it's not actually made from moles. Oh no. It's made from mulatto
chiles (or guajillos if you object to the word mulatto in its unsavoury
contexts) and um.... salsa type stuff...with the addition of cinnamon and
mexican chocolate! Whats the difference between Mexican chocolate and British
chocolate? Thats not a funny either, I really do want to know...

Mole mole mole.

I wish I could be a mole in another life. With little round mole glasses. I'd
burrow about all the time. It would be grand! I bet a mole would have its own
little pub too, with flocked carpets and Stan behind the bar pulling a pint of
MoleBrew... awww. I'd wear tweed too. Oh dear I'm automatically assuming I'd be
a male mole. Does this say something about my femininity? Or perhaps just about
moles? Who knows.

Mole mole mole.

THAI FACT!

> from News of the Weird # 674
>
> The debut CD from the Thai Elephant Orchestra (Lampang, Thailand) was
> scheduled for December release, featuring six pachyderm prodigies playing
> crude versions of traditional instruments (drum, gong, bass, xylophone) and
> recorded intact, without overdubbing, to create music that (in the words of
> a New York Times writer) "strike(s) some Western listeners as haunting,
> others as monotonous." The CD's American producers, pointing to much
> academic research on elephants' natural musical abilities, said they plan a
> second album ("easy-listening," engineered, they said, to make it more
> accessible to a wider audience).
>
> [New York Times, 12-16-00]

Kisses,
SarahMole

Incidentally, Kipper the Dog is great. And I don't think that due to
allegations over my "real" first name. Ha ha. I'd like a dog, like a dog, like
a dog, like a dog like Kipper. And I know perfectly well the difference between
a frog and a toad. My neice Katie likes Kipper too. I 'accidentally' mishear
her pleas for Bob the Builder. Sorry, Bob fans.

=====
Write to Stars de Luxe!
http://www.egroups.com/group/starsdeluxe
"luxe, calme, et volupte"