Sinister: Happy aniversary.

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Sun Jan 7 22:53:57 GMT 2001

Its about a year since I invaded your lives, and you
invaded mine, and we had a mutual invasion thing going
on of e mails and stuff. Blimey! What a year! This
time last year, you were all writing about B+S on the
tube, going FRANTIC for other peoples opinions, and
seeing if anyone stayed in and taped it cos, doh! you
forgot how to work the VCR.

Remember?

And I was like..

"er.. hello! Why are you all going frantic? you're all
a wee bit mad really aren't you"
And the general response was:
To keep going mad about b+s on the tube.
And I got bored of that, so in traditional me way, I
decided to just gibber on and make you notice.

Ahh. Fond memories.

So far, the arguments have been kept to a minimum.

So! its 2001!

Wheres my B+S GIG THEN??!

Come on, we were PROMISED a gig or two in 2001. well
its 2001, and about seven days have passed, and still,
NO GIGS. Shocking. NO WONDER STEPS HAVE MORE FANS! cos
they actually deliver the gigs. Apparently you get to
see Fayes undies too.
Or was it Claires?

Pah. no such luck from the Camp Belle and Sebastian.
They're too busy being busy, and being "artistes".

Makes you want to strip off your Study at Stow t
shirt, and make growly noises of discontentmentness.

Hope you all had a good new year. Me and boyfriend got
extremely wet, wandering about from Byres Road down to
see Teenage Fanclub on new years eve. Cold, wet and
wet again. And colder still.

Boyfriend was lovely at Christmas. Did I tell you what
he gave me? A glockenspiel!
Ah! it must be love!

Well, it was either that or some DOC martens.

I've gone off on a bit of a thing at the moment.
Happens every new year.

This year, I intend to give up:
going to the hairdresser
being 22 (well, at least by the end of the year)
being a student
being skint.

I also intend to:
fill your lives with more of the same, but with a
secret ingredient
keep a notebook by my side at all times
graduate
learn how to drive, take my test and pass (I will
pass! goddammit!!)
do stuff
Work out why I am feeling so baffled creatively,
sort it out
and give up being creative around february (as usual)
and settle for reading a magazine and watching
eastenders.

Oh, and hopefully make some pom poms as well.

Anyway, its just past new year, and here I am. And I'm
going through this bizarre "I MUST do something
creative!!" phases, as I do every new year, where I
think of some stunning idea that could change the
world, and get stuck in, then give up when its either
not as easy as intended or people don't realise.

In recent years its involved me buying oil paints, or
just trying my hand at something, or buying loads of
books from the new age bit in waterstones about
horoscopes and witch craft and crystals. Before that
it would be a make over for myself the night before
the first day of school.

Anyway, thats it for now,
Laters
Idles