Sinister: Books Make You Bald

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Jan 8 11:51:18 GMT 2001

So Jeepster do a deal with XFM to put out their "charity" album and before
you can say "Neil Robertson" a string of top Jeepster acts such as The
Gents' are enjoying free promotion via extended concert broadcasts on XFM.
If it weren't so laughable, it'd be funny.

THAI NEWS - CLEAN SWEEP FOR NEW BROOM

A Thai businessman has won an unexpected landslide victory in the
presidential elections. He's going to form a three party coalition
government in an attempt to quash unruly elephant opposition in the House
(trumpeting out of turn). Like "Bedknobs and Broomsticks".

Thanks to David "Flashback" Moore for alerting us to B&S's appearance at
number 49 in the Festive Fifty, a position traditionally held by The Sisters
of Mercy. Fancy being beaten by Hefner. Has the world gone stark staring
mad?

I could go on for hours and hours about Mexican chocolate, but I'd have to
go and look it up first. Mole also means big huge thing in Spanish, Kipper.
I've got some 74% cocoa chocolate, it's bloody horrible. It's on the Nestlé
label.

I bought an album by Merle Haggard and there's a sticker on the front with a
quote from Tom Waits - "Want to learn to write songs?... Listen to Merle
Haggard." I have crossed out "Merle Haggard" and written "The Pinefox" in
propelling pencil. I saw a lot of Nitty Gritty Dirt Band CDs when I was
buying it.

For Christmas I got a "Keith Moon - The Life and Death of a Rock Legend"
postcard which I carry with me at all times, like a rock'n'roll donor card.

I recommend the film "Small Time Crooks" starring Tracy Ullman. Eat shit,
Lenny Henry.

Mister Jordi and Mamselle 99 might like to know (if they don't know already)
that Stuart "Peacock Redemption" David's favourite band Migala will be
wowing the shoppers at an "in-store" in "el Fnac" in "L'illa" on "el
diagonal" on Thursday at 1900. I might wear my red jumper for the occasion.

Peter