Sinister: "Indie-pop girls of the world unite"

Grainne Elizabeth Mary Lynch g.lynch at xxx.com
Mon Jan 8 16:50:39 GMT 2001

Dear Sin'ters

Well, when I was first awarded my voice and graduated from the nursery, I was thrilled. I felt like Ariel at the end of the Disney version of The Little Mermaid. Not the original story, because she kills herself in that, doesn't she? Someone tell me if this is true or not, because I need to know. Anyway, because it was the Christmas holidays and I had a million and one things to do, I didn't get a chance to test my voice, but now I am back at college, with all the time in the world. So here I am.

I have enjoyed very much being part of this list. I like to read your gig reviews, tales of what happens when sin'ters meet-up and everybody's romantic escapades. I was sad to miss the deadline for the Great Present Exchange, but I definitely want to be part of it next year and I really want to hear how it went this year.

FACT. When I first heard of Belle and Sebastian, this was a few years ago, I thought it was  a Disney spin-off and that Belle was Beauty from Beauty and the Beast and Sebastian was the crab from The Little Mermaid. I thought "What a stupid idea, who wants to listen to a whole heap of Disney songs" and turned off the radio. What a fool I was!

I revised my opinion after seeing Legal Man on Top of the Pops. Then after reading a couple of great reviews for it, I decided to buy Fold Your Hands Child as a birthday present for myself last summer. And I feel in love with it. I thought it was all so beautiful, and the music and words made pretty stories in my head.

Then I got Tigermilk for Christmas and I love that too. I know that I'm going to be spending much time and money in the near future collecting their music and it makes me happy that there's so much to collect.

For those of you that like to know these things, I am 18 years old, in my second year of college in Dublin, Ireland. I am studying Multimedia Computing, but I love acting and the theatre, and one of my favourite bands is The Divine Comedy. I'm also a girl.

Hugs and happiness.
Grainne.