Sinister: You're soaking in it.

Brier Random brier at xxx.com
Mon Jan 8 20:30:32 GMT 2001

Hi angels & devils & doms & subs,

When did girls get to be such potty-mouths?  And i'm not even talking about
Isabel here, i'm thinking of the loud girl at the bar on Friday, who was
talking about music (loudly) to her two friends, and from what i could hear
(which was a lot) she had pretty good taste.  She loved the new Yo La T, and
was saying something about Guided By Voices.  Then i got out my Hello Kitty
wallet, with the Matador sticker on it, and she said "You like Matador?" and
i thought it was a sly pick-up line so i said "why yes" and she said "FUCK
Matador!" very loudly, and my only hope is that some people misheard her as
saying to me "fuck me in the doorway" which would improve my status at this
particular bar considerably.  Which is exactly what i need.  She was
probably just upset about Pavement.

Finally some rain last night, one hell of a dashing pouring rain.  Good for
things that grow.  Good for things that live alone.  I decided to be brave
and ride my scooter to work anyway, not sure if the rain is finished or not.
Got my mittens just in case.  I'll be fine.  Speaking of GBV, didn't they
play n.years eve in n.carolina, Llaura??  I'm sure you were there.

Extra loud (like the girl at the bar) THANKS to the delightful Annie Tremp
for smuggling me a suitcase full of Belgian chocolate, my sweet tooth is
sore, and a mix-tape with a caramel center.  Everything was sweet and so is
she.

Content?  You bet I am.

And although i liked several albums last year, the best thing to come out
was by a girl from Olympia Washington named Mirah.  Everything else comes in
second.  Even you-know-who.  (no, not Britney).  Listening to the latest
Travis CD now, track 7 is pretty good.

Off to the Dep't of Motor Vehicles to get a personalized plate for my
scooter.  Any guesses what it'll say?

Your unfaithful servant,

Brier