Sinister: The Fire in My Loins

Blake hamibe02 at xxx.edu
Tue Jan 9 04:45:58 GMT 2001

Girls are weird.*

Pedro the Lion is a good band.**

I have a headache.***

SCAD girls are cute.****

love
blake

the nerdy shy eyed pacifist.
http://members.tripod.com/nucleartrout

* They are really really odd.  I mean, they're so complex.  I just will
never ever ever figure them out.  Today I spent the hours with sort of an
old old friend.  Cute as a button.  I used to have such an immense crush on
her.  And guess what?  She told me that she used to have an immense crush on
me, as well!  So that led to her relinquishing the fact that after not
seeing me for two years almost to the day, that I looked "really good" and
"very cute".  And with that she licked her lips and continued to eat her ice
cream.  Of course, this led to nothing as we had to leave shortly
thereafter.  Maybe I should have mentioned that there was another girl with
us, a mutual friend, and my cute girl told me this revealing info only when
the other girl was using the lavatory.  So we had no time and now I probably
won't see her until, oh who knows?  Girls are so cruel.  Now I think all of
the time I had spent with her as a robust 15 year old was a waste.  You
know, I have this theory.  Let me digress.  I have this theory that my not
so casual string of broken hearts at the hands of evil, nasty young girls
combined with the fact that my favorite Cleveland sports teams lose every
year (some come close, none of them win) have led to a personal sense of
untrustworthiness.  That is, I find it really hard in my current state to
trust anyone or anything.  Because I've been hurt so many times.  Yes I take
my Cleveland sports that seriously.  It sounds very Nabokovian, very
Humbertish to be making such a declaration.  I am going nuts.  Girls are
cruel.  But cute too.

** I know this is a B&S list, and naturally I love them with all of my
heart, but Pedro the Lion is an outstanding unit.  I had heard before
hearing them that they were christian rock.  Now, that sounds icky, but
something can be spiritual without being dogmatic and Jerry Fallwell.  So
keep that in mind.  Just lovely music.  I really can't recommend them
enough.

*** I took two tylenol a half hour ago.  No progress yet.  Yeeeoww.

**** Today, as mentioned earlier, I spent a day with a cute girl.  I was in
Savannah, Georgia.  There is the Savannah College of Art and Design, or
SCAD.  Well, tons, and I mean, TONS, of cute girls walking in and out of
buildings.  My heart was aflutter.  I thought I saw a B&S shirt on one of
them.  I may be wrong.  Think of the possibilities though: what if it was
the Savannah College of Art and Butter?  Then it'd be SCAB.

Isn't there something Nabokovian, not only about me, but about this post?
Anyone read "Pale Fire", where the story is in the footnotes?  Hmmmmm....