Sinister: Faggy but nice

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Thu Jan 11 18:41:54 GMT 2001

Lawks!  Full moons make me feel funny.  Eclipses do even worse things.  I
don't feel natural.  I think I'll start my post with some toilet humour.

When nerdy Blake wrote

> Savannah College of Art and Design, or
> SCAD....Think of the possibilities though: what if it
> was
> the Savannah College of Art and Butter?  Then it'd be SCAB.

I thought, what if it was the Savannah College of Art and Technology?
That would be even better!  Then you could have said > SCAT girls are
cute.****

Then, IsabelLark put

> I hadnt realized that honey was a he, honey was referred to as "he"
> in a recent mail... with a sweet name like "honey" and i agree the boys
> are
> always 1 to 0 with us...i just figured honey as a girl. maybe honey is a
>
> girl?

But she is!  She's an amazonian goddess and a coy debutante rolled into
one.  A mother in the kitchen and...  Well, if you can imagine her
reaction to

> me...i fight for the hemopradites

you'll understand what she's like when she shrugs off her maternal
crocheted shawl.  Oh look, now I've made her blush.

Idleberry said

> Mick was muttering something about
> teenage fanclub, and the 13th note, and the shoes on
> the dummy in the B+S shrine not being his...

I *knew* it!  I took one look at those shoes and thought that there could
not be even a teeny weeny chance that they belonged to Mick Cooke.
They're like Start-rites - very comfy-looking with T-bars and a big,
sensible buckle.  If you're going to be in Glasgow before the end of
February, it's definitely worth popping into the Lighthouse to have a peek
at the famous footwear yourself.  The rest of the exhibition isn't too bad
either, although it's a bit heavy on posters and flyers and a bit light on
explanations.  They've got some nice videos and you can sit and watch them
with headphones on, feeling ever so slightly self-conscious.  You can also
make your eyes go funny looking at the shiny patterns on the floor and at
pictures of Edwyn Collins as a lad.

> Pants are tricky too sometimes
spouted Steve C Walkn

Bras are a bit tricky as well, aren't they?  Why is it that some blokes
can unhook a bra with one hand in the blink of an eye, while others have a
good old fumble and get nowhere?*  Is it a special knack that's passed on
in a father-to-son ritual?  Does it take much practice?  Is it something
you're born with?  Is there such a thing as a natural bra-unhooker?  I was
just wondering, like.

Juicy Lucy

*Disclaimer:  This is just something I heard.  I'm not *that* sort of
girl, obviously.