Sinister: pepto

keith mclachlan ourpeppermintscene at xxx.com
Sun Jan 14 16:41:13 GMT 2001

photo jenny have several releases, actually, and they
are incredibly irritating to my ears.  most recent one
a single on elefant.  japanese girl singers all tend
to coo emotionless tales of adolescence in broken
english but photo jenny's girl(though the guy singer
is not so bad) tops them all as she squeaks in a range
audible through most of the higher end of the acoustic
spectrum.  piercing.  cranes-like skin crawling.  jpop
people probably think they are gods and really the
first cassette is not so bad, they don't sound
anything like belle and sebastian except for having
acoustic guitars in most of their songs.

we, myself and someone lovelier, went to london over
christmas, the weather was abominable and really i
think we midwesterners are far too polite as everyone
there just seemed intent on bowling us over and not
caring one bit about it.  still we had a lovely time
but for the hardwood floors of our hostel that made
sleeping quite the chore but then come to think of it
--who needs sleep on vacation?

i think the new modesty blaise album is the album the
boo radleys were trying to make when they mistakenly
ended up with kingsize.  oh and that new brave captain
record is something like an abortion, dreadful.
but modesty blaise is beautiful. is he edwyn collins'
brother?

keith m