Sinister: A quickie

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Tue Jan 16 10:28:21 GMT 2001

Travis are better than Belle And Sebastian cos they
tour and B+S don't and that's really crap.
Come on, I mean, if this were a uni course (which its
not) I would have to give B+S ten out of ten top
bananas for doing the work, handing in the essays and
stuff, but as for the class presentation and
attendance? YOU FAIL!

So if you don't mind, I'm switching allegiance,
although Travis' music is crap, Fran is quite cute,
actually, and lets think about it this way:
I have been a B+S fan for nearly two years. In that
time I could have had a baby, called him Haakon (My
current fave name for having a baby boy.. something to
do with it being a traditional viking Norwegian name
for kingly types, plus, it sounds way cool) and sent
him to some sort of nursery school. Even Elastica have
released another thing in that time. (sort of). Angel
has become a TV series spin off. My brother has left
school, taken a gap year and is now at uni. I've
erm... done stuff. B+S have done... well, albums..
fair enough... and work for other interesting
things... fair enough.... but no gigs.

Travis, meanwhile, did loads of gigs without me having
to get irrate about it and post things on lists saying
"Why haven't they done a tour?" they just got on with
it and did it.

So, I'm going to try and force myself to stomach a bit
of Travis, and be a spy in sinister, and say things
like "B+S are crap, travis are much better" etc etc.
Or maybe I'll go one step further and return to my
Drum n Bass thing. Or perhaps think about being a more
committed.. fan... of...other stuff I like, rather
than waste my time waiting for B+S to tour.

I'm bored, gimme a show.

pleeease?

Idles

=====