Sinister: ViRuS AleRt!

velocity farewell velocity_girl_is at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 16 11:55:51 GMT 2001

Hello everyone!

I hope honey wouldn't mind me doing that...
I've just received an email from the network dept here
in our uni about 2 new viruses that seem to be really
really dangerous... the message I received said:

iprortant notification
1. 2 new viruses have been discovered recently. They
are sent by email under the subject CALIFORNIA IBM or
GIRL THING.
IBM has announced that they are really powerful, much
more powerful than LOVE II. Even worse there's no way
you can cope with them as they break into your hard
disk and  destroy every information there and also
destroy Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer. Do
not try to open anything with those subjects; there
are very few people who know about these viruses.

2. the following is a message from UCL. You should
pass it on to others as soon as possible. If you
receive an email with a screen saver titled BUDDLY SIP
as an attachement, do not download! Delete it at once!
If you download it you will instantly lose all your
hard disc data! What we know is that the virus spread
a few day ago and it's very dangerous! America Online
confirms that no antivirus programme, no matter how
updated, can cope with it or destroy it!

Ok brothers and sisters... take care and watch out for
these new viruses!! they can eat you up in a blink!
also watch out for the new navidad virus! it comes
with an attachement called "emmanuel"! No matter what
you do, no matter who the sender of that email is, do
not download the 'emmanuel' attachement!! I know cause
I did download it and it ruined all my programmes...
Sorry for no B&S context; I thought I should warn you!
 hugs,
       VeL xxx