Sinister: Winter is (almost) over, picnics are back.

elenita99 elenita99 at xxx.com
Tue Jan 16 15:55:57 GMT 2001

Hello Hello

Well, after Christmas time, exams time. It's been like this for four years
now, I am getting used to it. Still I can't really get used to study
properly. I have the worst exam this afternoon and all I have been doing for
a week is hanging around in pyjamas, watching telly, watching my flatmates
studying, and watching the rain outside: yes ladies and gentlemen, it's been
raining in Barcelona this week. I am not used to that either.

But it doesn't depress me because...picnic time is back!! Yes, it is.  As a
proof I can tell you that a picnic is planned in 2 weeks time here. We'll
have Pedro Miller, Miss Maria and Jordi as guests stars from Sinister, plus
numerous members of Segundosdeluz, it seems. A mixed and multilingual
picnic, kind of. Thanks to the auction Maria will cook for us, and after
that we'll all go and shake our small (for me) or tall (for Jordi) bodies at
Hefner's gig.  That will be my last week-end in Barcelona and it looks like
it's going to be great. It's also going to be the last one,  though. Sigh.
Barcelona is such a great place to live, believe me.

Well I will also shake my body at some gigs in London, at least I hope so.
And eat greasy chips and walk along the river and all that kind of stuff you
do when you're living in London, like paying hundreds of pounds for a tube
travelcard.

On another note, here is the tip of the week about how to make studying a
bit more funny: when you write "goods and services" in French or in Spanish
the first letters become B and S (like in Bienes y Servicios for example).
So when you write quickly in class and take note you get to write B&S for
that. Which makes all the studying thing more fun when you read your
marketing notes and imagine it's about Belle and Sebastian.

I can hear the exam paper calling my name. Oh well, at least I can write
about Belle and Sebastian and explain to the teacher that "I am foreign so I
didn't get it all, sorry".

Have a good week all of you
Elena