Sinister: optiplex unlimited

eric cheesebunhead at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 16 16:54:51 GMT 2001

dear sinister people,

here is my once-a-month lead balloon message, feel
free to ignore or declare undying love for me as you
will. as I waded through approximately 14,000 digests
(give or take 13,993) over the past couple of days, so
I'm posting, damnit. it's always so hard to start
these things... and there's no content, so skip if
you're looking for that sort of thing. maybe we should
all make the collective decision to call non-b&s
this seems to be all about. and I've been on the list
nearly a year... where does the time go?

since lists of advantages/disadvantages of being
short/tall/brittany spears have appeared and I've
found them amusing, so I'm going to add: trying
desperatly not to hit your head on the london tube
cars, as they are Quite Small. I don't understand; was
england a land of midgets in the early 20th century?
was the engineer a sadistic bastard? why are all these
people looking at me? which is a nice segue into:

eric's london experience. I've been in fair london
since friday, and it's certaintly been fair. the
weather has been beautiful, and I've only been nearly
been hit by cars 10 times, as I'm slow and don't
remember that the cars drive on the wrong side of the
road here. I shouldn't judge. it's all relative, after
all. I've also found that cashiers in stores find it
amusing to effect an american accent when they thank
me for shopping; one actually said, "thanks y'all".
you can't make this stuff up. I'm acutely aware of
being an american for the first time in my life, not
that this is a bad thing.

that's all from me, I suppose. how do you people
manage to write such long messages? either I lead a
terribly boring life or the fact that 1400 people end
up reading (deleting, whatever) this inhibits me. I
vote for the latter, of course.

-eric

ps a big howdy to jp and lila, who are both super
great.