Sinister: Clippity clappity caly caloo, The best part of friendship is you...

JENOWL22 at xxx.com JENOWL22 at xxx.com
Tue Jan 16 21:51:02 GMT 2001

Hewwo,

Well, I've had an ok week.

When I was very small I used to stay awake till late in the dark in bed, and
then I wuld gather all my dolls round me and we would have a picnic from food
I'd saved, and I would pretend we were hiding out in the blackest cave from
baddies, and we were eating our supplies at midnight, and bringing magic and
laughter to the darkness and coldness, and playing games and telling little
stories to keep our spirits up. I couldn't sleep last night, and I had the
idea that I would do that again. So I did. My company was: Big Rainbow Brite,
Little Rainbow Brite, Little Patty O'Green from Rainbow Brite, Rainbow
Brite's Horse Starlite , a wee pink haired doll called Rosie, a wee black
haired doll called Patch, a dog called scruffy, two owls and a Teddy bear.
This is all the toys that live in my bed now. There ued to be so much more.
Still, I suppose a small gathering is better than nothing. And we hid, and we
eat a packet of salt and vinager crisps, two mini cheese things, and a carton
of ribena. It was grate fun.

 Today was ace, though. I managed to avoid doing any work at all in school
(though we got into big trouble in history for laughing during the nazi
video, and then re-enacting the holocaust with Polly Pockets), then I dogged
after-school revision and went to the town centre after school instead with
Debs the Blonde

. We bought bubbles that you blow, from stationary box, and blew them in the
shopping centre and pretended it was magic to cheer people up, until the
cleaner lady started moaning that we'd make people slip, so instead we
mooched off the the More Store (which sells cheap toys). So we bought an
Etcha-sketch each, and an indian Bow and Arrow and Fake Bendy Plastic Indiana
Jonesy Knife, and a packet of silver party eye-mask things (which was a
bargian 10p) and (because there was a cheap valentines day display) we bought
each other a single red rose, because it was cheesy, and pretended to be
really surprised when we gave it to each other. So we galloped about the
shopping centre, firing plastic arrows at old people and getting another
bollocking from the cleaning lady.

When we went on the bus, we decided to only communicate using the
Etcha-Sketch boards (which didn't work very well). So she kept writing "Ah ya
big virgin witch" and I wrote back "At least I didn't lose my virginity when
I was 12 to a 20 year old" and it went on like that. But it was fun. And when
we got off the bus, we both wrote "Thank you mr bus driver" on them and
showed it to him as we were getting off.

And she blew up a Mr Men rubber ring that she also bought and put in on round
her and under her jacket so she looked deformed, and then said she was going
to tell her gran she was stung by a bee. But it would have to have been a
bluddy massive bee.

And when I got home I discovered that I'd won the Ebay bid I made (and it was
my first ever bid) for the Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealers movie  and it
plays on UK videos and everything, and I'm so excited now, because I wanted
to see it so badly when I was little and I never got to, and now I can, and
I'm completely obsessed with rainbow brite. I even made little home-made
badges for my school bag. The hard kids ripped them off today when I wore
them, but I was cunning. I picked up the trampled remains and spent all my
break cleaning them and re-enforcing them with selotape.

Another thing I was not so pleased to discover though, was that the Poetry
Parrot had got into my cupboard and shat all down my Carebears wallpaper. It
was only metaphorical shite, because i would have really cracked up if it had
been real shite, but I gave it some magical cake, and decided that I'd better
post a poem. Everyone so far has done fairly deep, meaningfull things. So I
think I'll bring some light relief.

The Being Disaproved Of Game - By Someone I don't know

 Make being disaproved of your hobby
 Make being disapproved of your aim
 Devise new ways of scoring points
 In the being disapproved of game!

 Let them disapprove in their dozens
 Let them disapprove in their hords
 You'll find that being disapproved of
 Build character,bring rewards

 Just like any form of striving
 Don't be arrogant; don't coast
 On your high disapproval rating
 Try to be disapproved of the most.

 At this point ; if it's useful
 Draw a pie-chart or a graph.
 Show it to someone who disapproves
 When they disapprove just laugh

 Count the emotions you provoke:
 Anger,Suspicion,Shock
 One point for each of these and 2
 for every boat you rock

 Savour the thrill of risk without
 the fear of getting caught
 Whether they sulk or scream or pout
 Enjoy your new found sport

 Meanwhile all those who disapprove
 While you are having fun
 Won't even know your game exsists
 So tell yourself you've won!

That was it. I think it's a very good poem. Ooh, but do I now have to send
the parrot on to someone? Well, I will teach it to say "You cannot handle a
lightsabre you wuss" then I will send it on to the lovely (but useless Jedi)
Ian Hatcher., who participated in my midnight picnic over the phone.

I didn't know Struan and Bel were taking a walk through the magical fairy
meadows together (if you know what I mean. Which you probably don't, since
it's a euphamism I only use cause I made it up. It means getting down and
dirty.). I always thought he was like the Jem to her Scout. That's shattered
my whole world now. But, as I have decided to use my Etcha-Sketch for
sinister quote of the day, it has become the one about Isobel and her
headscarves and her hair suffering a similar fate to my tent the time I went
camping with the pyros.

I must go now, I've made this far too long and boring already.

Hugs,
Jen